International Organization for Standardization – index 37001 (Anti-bribery)
ISO 370001 is the international standard dedicated to the anti-bribery fight.
The standard was established in 2015 and adopted in 2016, on the basis of a collaborative work, led jointly with the contribution of 20 countries, signatories of the ISO chart.
2 areas: The mechanism and its effectiveness
- Audit (documentation review, procedures, information system, etc…)
- Sampling (records)
- Anonymous visits
- A better comprehension of the environment, for a better appreciation of the bribery risks, in a way of deploying efficient procedures within the respect of the applicable regulations and within a continuous improvement approach
- Take advantage of the certificate of conformity in terms of anti-bribery fight, and promote it within its professional environment.
- Operating guide and a guidance and decision-support tool
- Trust index
- Valuation of the anti-bribery compliancy
- Validate procedures and give legitimate to the implemented mechanism
- Support within the relation with third parties such as: observatories and authorities (supervisory and regulation)
- Support within the customer relations (especially with the big accounts)
- Support within the relations with the suppliers
- Support within the relations with the investors and creditors
- Competitive advantage
- External growth
- Tenders (public or private)
The standard ISO 37001 is regulated by the ISO Organization, chaired by Mister John Walter
ISO is composed by 165 member countries, represented by their national normalization bodies.